Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chic Blanc

CHIC BLANC

I grew up with this piece of furniture and I always loved it's simplicity and style. Originally it had it's natural dark wood colour but after a few years I felt it needed a revamp. I painted it a mint green which was sanded back for a distressed look. For many years it suited our decor but after a while I felt it needed to be refreshed. I decided to go for the shabby chic look.

The buffet was painted a crisp white to give it a freshness and to neutralise it so it was well suited to any environment. The soft sanding of this solid piece helped develop it's shabby chic character and more relaxed feel. It's functionality is diverse and fulfills many purposes with its various drawers, shelves and lockable doors. It's features allow for much storage and versatility.

This sturdy buffet would make a nice addition to any any living room or dinning area. It would not be out of place in a richly furnished and well lived home.

148.5cmL x 45.6cmW x 94.5cmH

No comments:

Post a Comment